Executing X-Windows app

Jamey Cribbs cribbsjg at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 13:25:08 EST 2000

Hi, I hope this doesn't end up being a stupid question.  I am trying to start an X app from within a Python script.

If I use os.system, my system freezes until I CTRL-C.  If I run os.system from interactive Python, it works ok.  I have tried popen, but it does the same thing.

What am I missing?  I am sure it is something very basic.  I have looked throught the ref manual, but cannot seem to find the answer.

By the way, I am running on top of RH Linux 6.1 with Python 1.52.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jamey Cribbs
Sr. Technical Consultant