Python Rocks!

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Mon Jan 24 22:52:12 EST 2000

In article <388CDABB.EF07BA23 at callware.com>, Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

>> >Wouldn't it be easier if we just added an optional, (but
>> >compiler-recognized if present) block delimiter to Python 2? Then people
>>
>> Sometimes you just have to stick up for what you believe in.  I say, "No,
>> let's not do this."
>>

>I don't think we get a vote.  After all, we have Guido the Benevolent
>Dictator, don't we?  And we all know how he's going to vote (if you can
>call it vote--it's more like fiat).

Of course we get a vote.  You vote by using the language. Or not. It's
that simple. There's nothing stopping somebody from creating a
Python-like language with block delimiters.  Everybody is free to stop
using Python and start using the new lanuage.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Will the third world
                                  at               war keep "Bosom Buddies"