a small problem

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Jan 19 11:20:37 EST 2000

Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl at pobox.com> wrote:
> I don't know any Perl, but I can't understand how to
> write a function that takes any kind of argument if you need to type
> such a prefix...

I have scant knowledge of Perl (being Saved by Python just in time), but
as far as I recall the $ @ stuff can be used to somehow make a particular
variable behave like a number, list, or whatever. So I imagine it allows
arbitrary arguments which you then may analyze and then treat in the way
you desire. Or something. My mind never really wrapped around the concept.

Regards,

Martijn