Python online docs are great!

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Sat Jan 22 22:48:46 EST 2000

In article <86dpnm$dtg$1 at nntp9.atl.mindspring.net>, Aahz Maruch wrote:
>In article <slrn88kouc.pej.nobody at isis.visi.com>,
>Grant Edwards <nobody at nowhere.nohow> wrote:
>>
>>I just want to compliment GvR on the Python online documentation files.
>>They are amazingly well done.
>
>Fred Drake deserves much of the credit here. I can say from personal
>experience that the docs have improved greatly over just the last year.

I certainly didn't mean to slight anybody else who has worked on the
documentation or on the rest of Python.  I should have included an "et
al" in my original post.

As the next step in my never-ending battle with the BOFH, I am just
finishing my first Python program: a utility that fetches e-mail
(including attachments) from MS Exchange server using COM/MAPI,
generates an RFC822/MIME compliant message and forwards it to an SMTP
server.  I'd never used COM or MAPI before (heck, I'd never programmed
for Win32 at all), and the thing is basically working after a couple
days.  (And that includes a COM/MAPI simulator/test-stub module that
lets me test my application under Linux).

The richness of the Python modules in the standard distribution is
amazing, and the ease of development and debugging in Python makes
using those modules a pleasure.

I guess I'm preaching to the choir, eh?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I had pancake makeup
                                  at               for brunch!