PythonWin and Dialogs in DLLs

Robert soundhack at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:38:47 EST 2000

Joel Lucsy wrote in message ...
>Nope, simply add /noentry in the link tab settings. No DllMain/WinMain/or
>main required.

hmm never got the message you replied to, but thanks! this is what I was
looking for (thanks to others who replied too, I'll check out the
PyResWizard
after I figure out how to do this myself!) . I was able to halve the size of
the release dll with this.

now one more question. I have gotten the subclassed dialog to show
up, but am having problems with assigning message handlers to buttons.
Following one of the demos, I did something like the following

(in the dialog's InitDialog method)
    self.button=self.GetDlgItem(IDC_CMD_BUTTON)
    self.button.HookNotify(self.OnButton,win32con.BN_CLICKED)

When i click on the button, the OnButton handler isnt getting called.
I tried self.button.HookCommand() too, with no results. The one thing
that sorta worked was
self.button.HookMessage(self.OnButton,win32con.WM_LBUTTONDOWN), which is not
exactly what
I wanted (sometimes the button click animation isnt shown)

Thanks again for all the help!
Robert