is variable a list?

Wm. King wjk at wjk.mv.com
Wed Jan 5 00:35:47 EST 2000

Hi:
   As a newbie (still am) - I asked similar question:

  There is a function called type()

  so if you had a variable:  x = "This is a string"
  then use type                  type(x)
  you would get back:         <type 'string'>
  or    if type(x) == types.StringType: print "This is a String"
  see also module types
Hopefully this is a start .. and hopefully have not led you
down the wrong path.

cheers