Sucking e-mail from Exchange Server vis HTTP?

grante at visi.com grante at visi.com
Mon Jan 17 14:19:46 EST 2000

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 12:06:03PM -0700, bjorn wrote:

> > My other option would be to write a MAPI client that runs under
> > Win32 and then gives the mail to the SMTP server on my Linux
> > machine.  There's a MAPI module for Python, isn't there?
> > Perhaps that would be easier -- but I've never programmed under
> > Win32 before...
>
> If you do this, let us know (I know I would be interested ;-)

I'd rather get mail from the Exchange server directly, but
apparently the protocol used between Exchange Server and
Outlook isn't documented anywhere (it's rumored to be some form
of LDAP-like thing).  I might try getting mail via the Web
interface first.  I can play with that without having to
install Windows. ;)

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com