Python plugin

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Fri Jan 7 19:47:57 EST 2000

>>>"Samuel A. Falvo II" wrote:
>>> (Personally, I think the COM solution is a superior one
>>> anyway, but that's just my opinion.)

>> Sure it is -- but compatibility is even better.

> Then why aren't we all using CP/M?
>
> There is a point of diminishing returns when it comes to
> this whole "backward compatibility" thing.  Sometimes you
> just have to pick up your bags, and leave Hotel Compatibility
> behind.  Time marches on, after all.

I'm with you, Samuel.  When we can leave this whole COM
thingy behind, all will be sweetness and light.

> IE 5 is 100% more stable than any Netscape version
> I've ever used.

When I tried to run Explorer on Solaris, I discovered
why people called it "Exploder". ;-)

On a more serious note -- and as a matter of genuine
interest -- are there any Python programmers using COM
in mixed Unix and Windows environments?

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research