COTUG (Cleveland Object Technology Users Group) meeting - Feb 3rd, 2000 (6:30pm-8:30pm)

John Greve jgreve at directobjects.com
Wed Jan 19 00:58:28 EST 2000

             Overview
     Object Oriented Technology's** rapid evolution makes
it hard to keep on top of emerging trends, tools, and best
practices. OO Professionals and Beginners alike are welcome
to attend COTUG (Cleveland Object Technology Users Group).
     Each meeting has a Main Presentation on contemporary
issues of interest to all OO practitioners.  Then we split
into independent Focus Tracks (think of them as sigs) to
address language / product specific issues.

             Meeting Data
main topic: Applied Patterns
date: Thursday, Feb. 3rd (first* Thursday of each month)
time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm...
dress: casual
location: WoodHawk Club Apts (in the ClubHouse)
   Fox Hollow Drive
   Mayfield Heights, OH  44124.
   (see bottom for directions)
*pushed back to the 2nd Thr. if 1st Thr is a holiday.

contacts:
	John Greve jgreve at directobjects.com
              (440-646-9558 evenings)

	David Mitchell dmmitchell at mindspring.com

Agenda
   group business (officers, schedules, etc.) - 15 min
   member presentations (book review, project report)  - 15 min
   main topic - 60 min
   focus tracks (C++ track, Java track, Smalltalk track, etc) - 30 min

         CALL FOR...
We're always looking for people to share at the meeting.
Please send email about your ideas, or better yet come
to the meeting.

call for Book Reviews - if you've come across a good book
for OO practitioners recently, we want to hear about it.

call for Product Reviews - if you've had interesting results
(positive or otherwise) with an OO product, we want to
hear about it.

call for Main Topic - if you have an idea for a presentation
of general interest to the OO community, we want to hear
about it.

call for Focus Track - if you have an idea for a Focus Track,
please come.
   note: the label SIGS is widely publicized in Cleveland's
   computer arena for non-OO purposes, so we use F.T.

call for Vendor Presentations - if you have an OO technology
or application (preferably language independent) you'd like
to present to the group, please email us.

Directions:  Take 271 to the Mayfield Rd exit.
Go EAST (0.2 miles) to 91 (Som Ctr Rd).
Turn RIGHT onto Som Center Rd/91 (0.8 miles).
Enter the roundabout and take 1st exit onto WoodHawk Dr (0.6 miles).
The WoodHawk complex is located on the right near the end of
WoodHawk Dr.  Ask at the gatehouse for the COTUG meeting.

**yes, we talk about Components, too.