Realtime scheduling??

Paul Winkler slinkp23 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 00:23:21 EST 2000

François Pinard wrote:
> So, I just set the scheduler so it runs after real-time, instead of using
> the scheduler to insert theoretical delays.  That is, you maintain a logical
> real time in your program,....

I'm afraid I don't understand this term. What is "logical" real
time?

>... and when about to ask for a delay, you delay
> the logical real time plus the wanted delay minus the actual real time.
> The effect is that you automatically catchup on lags, and very surprisingly,
> it works well.  The musical behaviour is often acceptable even under heavy
> machine load.  Of course, it is perfect (or not far from) with light load.

I'd be very interested to see your code! Is it publically available?

I browsed around your website, but couldn't find anything that
looked relevant...

thanks very much,

PW

slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.
A member of ARMS    ----->    http://www.reacharms.com
or http://www.mp3.com/arms or http://www.amp3.net/arms
personal page   ---->    http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo