ANN - PyRecode

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Thu Jan 13 15:18:58 EST 2000

Andreas Jung (ajung at server.python.net) wrote:
: PyRecode is a wrapper around the functionality of
: Recode...
: ... very useful when you are working with texts
: in different formats, languages and character sets.

Funny to see this, immediately after I got an email from a
Portugese student. I needed to use Babelfish to read his email
and respond. Would it make sense to include some kind of
Babelfish wrapper in PyRecode? I ran into a little trouble
with different character sets; Portugese has a rich set of
accent marks. Alas, there is no English<->Dutch translation
in Babelfish.
--
   People say that everyone has a few skeletons in their closet. Not me.
   Well, not yet anyway. I mean, the bodies are still decomposing.