Looking for Solaris 2.6/Python 1.5.2 make test fix

lvirden at cas.org lvirden at cas.org
Mon Jan 24 15:22:54 EST 2000

According to Michael Hudson  <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk>:
:When you cd into Lib/test and run ../../python regrtest.py, do you get
:output along the lines of
:
:test_fcntl

:? If so, what is it saying before it blows up?

Yes, I do get that kind of output.  I get quite a ways thru
the list it appears.  Here's where things give up:
test_zlib
Bus Error(coredump)

:Hmm. Which compiler? I seem to recall tales of regexp's failing due to
:buggy optimizations in some compilers. You might want to try turning
:off optimizations or using something like gcc-2.95.

gcc 2.8.1

I will have to see if my friendly neighborhood gcc maintainer has nearby
plans to upgrade to 2.95.  Thanks for all your kind help.
--
<*> O- <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>  Tcl2K - Austin, Texas, US