Python plugin

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Thu Jan 6 15:34:32 EST 2000

I have written a Python plugin that works with
Netscape Navigator on Win32.  It used to work with
Microsoft IE, but I think Microsoft has dropped
plugin support for their recent browsers.  Can
anyone confirm?

We used it for a minimal task -- to print forms on
a laser printer from the browser.

I would really like to see Python running inside
(or along side) Mozilla, but I get the heebie-jeebies
every time I try to do a Mozilla build. <no wink>
As Mozilla becomes more stable, I think it will
be the ideal browser to use for Python client-side
scripting.

As an improvement over Java Applets, you might
consider Castanet, a commercial product from
Marimba, http://www.marimba.com

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research