GetObject instead of CreateObject

tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com
Mon Jan 31 15:25:47 EST 2000

We use win32com.client.Dispatch in python to create COM objects. In VB
you can use CreateObject.

In VB, if you want to use an existing instance of a COM object rather
than creating a new one you call GetObject (I think).

I'd like to know what function we call in Python to mirror this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kieran

In article <000401bf6bd5$2a25a720$3acbd9c2 at peridot.optichrome.com>,
  "Adrian Eyre" <a.eyre at optichrome.com> wrote:
> > Can someone tell me what function I should call in Python to
perform a
> > similar task to VB's GetObject?
>
> Maybe it would help (not being a VB programmer) to explain what VB's
> GetObject actually does before looking for an analogue in Python.

> Adrian Eyre <a.eyre at optichrome.com>
> http://www.optichrome.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.