regex question

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolmt at smart.net.au
Fri Jan 21 05:41:10 EST 2000

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 09:48:41AM +0100, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
[...snip...]
> umm.  speaking as the "official 1.6 regex implementor", I'd
> go for a simple expression, and filter out any hits that are
> not 12 digits.

umm .. speaking as an "official person who has never seen the 1.6 regex
implementation", could you explain what you are talking about? It sounds
interesting, but I cannot find anything on the Python website about what's on
the hotlist for 1.6 (am I going blind?).

> haven't tried it, but I have a gut feeling that the resulting
> code will be faster than any possible alternative...
>
> (I'm happy to be proven wrong, of course)

Cheers,
Malcolm Tredinnick

then used against you.