Python ODP category

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Sat Jan 22 16:23:23 EST 2000

Looking at the Open Directory Project's category for Python, it could
use some tidying, and no one has edited it in a while.  Take a look
at:

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Python/

I'm listed as an editor, but only really joined to get info about the
ODP's RDF dumps, and have only done 1 or 2 edits to the category since
joining.  Looking at the logs, "cyberjet", the other editor, hasn't
made any edits in some months; other people responsible for higher
level categories such as 'Languages' have made a few edits, but it's
really not being maintained.

So, what should be done with the category to improve it?  I don't
think anyone is available to shoulder the maintenance burden of
keeping a very complete resource; for example, 'Python/Modules' could
duplicate much of Parnassus, but what would be the point?

Suggestions?  (I have a list of suggestions which I won't post at the
moment; first see what you all think...)

That jackanapes! All he ever does is cause trouble.
    -- The Doctor talking about the Master, in "Terror of the Autons"