newbie embedding questions

Jason Maskell backov at nospam.csolve.net
Thu Jan 6 18:21:44 EST 2000

Will Ware <wware at world.std.com> wrote in message
news:Fnxpnq.JrD at world.std.com...
> Jason Maskell (backov at nospam.csolve.net) wrote:
> > Well, I've finally gotten around to embedding Python in an app...
> > The main app is essentially a skeleton, that will be driven by Python
> > scripts.. It does however hold a bunch of C++ objects that it owns and
> > instantiates and that the Python scripts need access to. So basically I
need
> > "glue" code to make sure the Python stuff has access to those instances'
> > methods, and to set callbacks in the python code for generated events.
>
> You might want to look at Swig (www.swig.org) which makes it really
> painless to extend Python with C++ objects. I think the preferred
[snip]

Actually, I was looking at that this afternoon, and right now.
Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any binaries available, and compiling
it in BCB is looking to be a huge chore. I suppose I could install VC again,
but that seems like a big hassle just to compile this tool and uninstall it.

Cheers,
Jason