ANN: platform.py - Version 0.7.0

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Sat Jan 22 10:42:38 EST 2000

ANNOUNCING:

                  platform.py - Version 0.7.0

        A Python module providing platform information APIs.

WHAT IT IS:

platform.py was intially developed for the mxCGIPython project
to automate the creation of file names including platform
specific data for users to be able to recognize and download
the appropriate Python interpreter binary for their (or their
ISPs) setup.

Since then the module has been extended and redesigned to
provide a generic interface for querying platform information
both in human readable form and for other application purposes
through platform dependent special APIs.

platform.py supports (at least) these setups: most Windows
setups, MacOS, various Linux distributions, various Unices,
OpenVMS, Java VM and DOS.

WHAT'S NEW ?

Version 0.7.0 is the first new version after the intial release
and update cycles last year.

WHERE CAN I GET IT ?

Documentation is provided through doc-strings and many
comments in the source code, which can be found via my
Python Pages:

        http://www.lemburg.com/~python/

WHAT DOES IT COST ?

It comes with a Python-style license, but is otherwise free for
commercial and non-commercial use.

WHERE CAN I GET SUPPORT ?

Commercial support for all my packages, tools and other
Python software will soon be available through my newly
founded software company. Keep an eye open on this list
for an announcement.

REFERENCE:

<P><A HREF="http://www.lemburg.com/~python/">
platform.py 0.7.0</A> - Generic platform information APIs.
(22-Jan-2000)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg