using threads with python and winnt

Kreiner Karl kkreiner at carinthia.com
Sun Jan 16 10:16:49 EST 2000

hi everone,
            does anyone have expiriences with using threads and winnt ? I
started working with the built-in module "thread" using
the function "start_new_thread" , which needs two parameters : a function
and a list of araguments to be passed to the
function. but no matter what I do , i just get the error-message:

type error: first arg must be callable

I consulted the python manual but it didn't provide help to my problem. so,
does anyone know the correct syntax of this
function and are there generally any problems with using the whole library
with windows nt ?

any help appreciated,

thx Charly