Python Rocks!

Stefan Schwarzer s.schwarzer at ndh.net
Wed Jan 19 20:55:06 EST 2000

Hello tye

tye4 schrieb:
> Don't get me wrong. Indentation tremendously improves readability. However,
> it should not be part of the language. That way, we don't have to put an
> immense amount of effort just trying get everything into the right block.

I don't have (and never had) to invest a "immense amount of effort"
to keep my Python code right. To me it looks you try to mold Python
into the shape of the (from your perspective) "normal" languages you
are more familiar with.

The solution to this is not, however, to change Python, but (for you)
to change your language (that is, not to use Python).

> There is not single programming language that forces such a bizarre
> indentation rule.

At first glance I thought like you, but after a while I discovered
that this "bizzare rule" is not only bizzare but a strong feature
of the language. If you open your eyes, some "bizzare" things may
enrich your life ;-) .

> If thousands of programmers have a problem with this, why isn't it fixed.

Maybe because hundreds of thousands programmers like it this way? :-)

Regards
 Stefan