Trouble with Python and ASP

larsde at telepost.com larsde at telepost.com
Mon Jan 17 20:48:43 EST 2000

I'm experiencing disturbing problems with using Python as an ASP
scripting engine. I've been working on a project for quite some time,
and so far everything has been peachy.

Trouble is when multiple users try to connect to the web-application at
the same time. IIS either just hangs for a long while, usually until
one of the users try to press stop and resubmits the form.

Other times, IIS just dies with the following error message logged to
the event-viewer:

An object call caused an exception.   (Package: IIS-{Default Web
Site//Root/Signup3.0})    (IID: {51372AEF-CAE7-11CF-BE81-00AA00A2FA25})
(Method: 3)  (Microsoft Transaction Server Internals Information: File:
d:\viper\src\runtime\mtxex\activity.cpp, Line: 889) (Exception:
C0000005) (Address: 0x1e124188)
python15!PyErr_GivenExceptionMatches + 0x58

This happens when two users try to access the same asp-page
simultaneously.

I'm using some COM/ADO over ODBC and things like this.

When searching the web for information about this, I found another
posting describing the same problems, even for simple ASP-files.

I would love any help on this. It would be sad if it turns out python
with asp can only handle one connection at a time. It would certainly
force me to reimplement all my code in some other language.

On my system I'm running Win32all-128.exe install with the 152-version
of the python interpreter.

Thanks,

Lars Thomas Denstad.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/