Py2K wishes

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Wed Jan 5 10:27:03 EST 2000

Frank Sergeant wrote:

> Skip Montanaro <skip at mojam.com> writes:
>
> >     Frank> Just as clearly, 'def' is an abbreviation for the noun 'define'.
> >
> > Was there a missing smiley?  Last time I looked, "define" was a verb...
>
> No, no, just a missing brain.  I meant to write "definition".
>
>   -- Frank

Frank, you are being way too modest.  For myself, I thought
you were trying to emulate Humpty Dumpty, from "Through the
Looking Glass":

    `When _I_ use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful
  tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean--neither more nor
  less.'

    `The question is,' said Alice, `whether you CAN make words mean
  so many different things.'

    `The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master--
  that's all.'

I guess, for Python, the answer to the last question is "GvR"!

regards
 Steve