Python -> EXE?

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Fri Jan 21 08:49:06 EST 2000

tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com wrote:

> Unfortunatly it doesn't. I did try that, then it failed because it
> couldn't find pythoncom.dll. I have pythoncom15.dll and I then renamed
> that too. I then got my EXE but when I ran it it did nothing. No
> errors, no nothing. It was of some size (I can't remember now).

It doesn't support COM, as the docs explain, because it can't
reverse engineer the import hacks. If you find your way around
that, you'll also need to figure out all the registry stuff required
for COM to work, and do that manually. Mark has promised to
help, but don't hold your breath; he's a busy man.

- Gordon