Creating Objects

Scott Anderson sanderson at ttm.com
Wed Jan 26 21:23:13 EST 2000

Small suggestion:

Create an object for each system that will translate to and from a
neutral internal representation.

Then, for each message do a translate from the incoming system to the
neutral rep, then from the neutral rep out to the outgoing system:

msgObject = incoming.translateToNeutral(message)
outgoing.translateFromNeutral(msgObject)

I've used this method before with multiple, non-standard communications.

Any similarities between the format for the individual systems is up to
you to factor, as you haven't given any detail. :-)

Regards,

-scott