DBI spec and parameter passing

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Tue Jan 18 11:24:19 EST 2000

    >> Instead of doing the parameter interpolation yourself, try letting
    >> your database module do it for you, e.g.:
    >>
    >> c = db.cursor()
    >> c.execute("""select id from city where"""
    >> """ city = %s and"""
    >> """ state = %s and"""
    >> """ country = %s""", (city, state, country))

    Gordon> but Skip _meant_:

    Gordon> c.execute(""" select id from city where city = ? and state = ?
    Gordon> and country = ?""", (city, state, country))

I suppose so, in the correct context.  Not being an ODBC person I didn't
know what was required in the context of the original question, so all I
could do was cut/paste from my MySQLdb code, which wants the %s thingies...

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098