Update: Trouble with Python and ASP

phil at ricochet.net phil at ricochet.net
Tue Jan 18 04:27:36 EST 2000

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 03:59:40 GMT, larsde at my-deja.com wrote:

>In article <860gpo$882$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
>  larsde at telepost.com wrote:
>> I'm experiencing disturbing problems with using Python as an ASP
>> scripting engine. I've been working on a project for quite some time,
>> and so far everything has been peachy.
>
>I also sometimes even get the following error message:
>
>Python ActiveX Scripting Engine error '80020009'
>
>Traceback (innermost last): KeyboardInterrupt:
>
>This also happens only when I try to access the application with two or
>more webclients at the same time. This can't possibly be right, right?

I've never used server side scripting, but it sort of sounds like it
might be a threading model issue of which i apparently have had a few
(none of which have anything to do with Python). The model by default
looks to be "both".  You could try setting the model to "Single" and
see if that fixes things and if it does to "Apartment" and see if that
still works.

phil.

The world is divided into two sorts of people:
Those that believe the world is divided into
two sorts of people and those that don't.