stupid question !

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at pobox.com
Fri Jan 21 11:30:13 EST 2000

Kenny wrote on 948494226:

> -----­ì©l¶l¥ó-----
> ±H¥óªÌ: Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl at pobox.com>
> ¦¬¥óªÌ: Kenny <s986001 at mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk>
> ¤é´Á: 2000¦~1¤ë21¤é PM 08:05
> ¥D¦®: Re: stupid question !
>
> I have checked the permission of the directory, and I ensure the permission
> of
> the /cgi-bin is full permission. The result on the browser is still the text
> I typed in the program.
>   I am using Win-98 version and implementing it in Personal Web server.

I don't know about Personal Web server, but with Apache, you have to tell
*Apache* that /cgi-bin has the permissions, not the directory permissions.
Can you execute any other programs in /cgi-bin using <form ...>?
If not, read the documentation on Personal Web server.

> Should I use Linux to do it? Thank you!

I don't know.

>     And one more thing, do you know which free web hosting site supports
> python?     thank you!

I know, but they don't give it away to everyone. They only host sites they
like. It's a Linux machine. They mainly host opensource projects and they
want to see the site before the decide to host it.

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Please correct any bad English you encounter in my email message!