Quick Python v.s. Learning Python

Art Pollard Pollarda at Lextek.com
Mon Jan 3 20:54:51 EST 2000

I just purchased Programming Python.  As I am
totally new to Python, I learned from this book
that I want to learn more.  Unfortunely, I don't
think this is the best book for a Python newbie.
(Though from what I've seen, it makes a good
language reference.)

So right now, I am looking for another learning
book.  The two which popout are:

Quick Python (In my local bookstore)
Learning Python (Not in stock but obtainable)

Does anyone have any preferences / recommendations???

I have extensive C/C++ experience but would like a good
book to help me break through the wall and reach that
Ahhh Haaaa experience when the language becomes clear.
(I still remember the Ahhhh Haaa from many years ago
when I figured out C's pointers... What a day. :-)

-Art