Simple cartesian product

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Thu Jan 6 07:29:59 EST 2000

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 11:13:29AM +0100, Thomas Knudsen wrote:

> > Now - you're not going to get that "new millennium"-discussion
> > started, are you? We are still in the same millennium, century, and
> > decade as last year. The third millennium starts with 2001.01.01.

> You should, however, use proper ISO8601 syntax and write 2001-01-01
> This is actually quite important: We really *need* a consistent,
> global format for numeric date representation. And since we actually
> have it - *use it!*

So is this YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY-DD-MM ? This creates a lot of confusion
whenever I need to exchange dates with americans, or with people who think
_I'm_ american. (the nerve.) Or is ISO8601 a real standard in the
ANSI sense, and thus claim two different things in different sections of the
standard, and later claim it's *both* YYYY-MM-DD and YYYY-DD-MM ? :)

History---will-teach-us-nothing-ly y'rs.
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>