Using glade to build guis

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 20 07:47:56 EST 2000

Thomas Weholt <thomas at bibsyst.no> writes:

> I`ve tried to use Glade to build guis and run them with the glade.py
> module/script. What I don`t understand is how to make it react to
> keypressing or other events. Does a manual/tutorial/example exists on
> how to prototype a gui in glade then code events-handling and the
> functional parts of the gui later ??

Documentation is largely missing, it appears. To connect to signals,
you first have to declare a signal handler in glade. You can then
connect the signal handler with a specific function. To do so, you can
either use .connect(signalname, function), or .auto_connect(dictionary
of signal/handler pairs).

Hope this helps,
Martin