Stackless Python 1.0 + Continuations 0.6

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Mon Jan 24 00:11:22 EST 2000

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

> Cool!
>
> :)
>
> Without *really* having read all the documentation, I venture a question...
> By using S.P. and continuations etc. -
> would it be possible to stop and pickle a thread? This might be very
> interesting for Mobile Agent Technology
> etc. (I.e. a running program can migrate over a network and resume its
> execution etc...)

This can of course be done. A little more structure will be
necessary to register a particular interpreter for pickling.
Continuation objects would need to learn how to save their
state as well. If there is interest, I will look into it.

Not so clear at the moment is how I would deal with real threads,
so this issue might be a little harder to solve.

ciao - chris

Düppelstr. 31                :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
12163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net