Language Challenge -- Results

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Tue Jul 11 04:24:18 EDT 2000

David Goodger <dgoodger at bigfoot.com> wrote:
[knip]
: But seriously (my comments above were in good fun, I assure you, no harm
: intended), I read this newsgroup regularly and I never saw mention of the
: Language Challenge 2000. Did I miss it? Perhaps the audience determined the
: outcome?

I remember the anouncement very well. Probably because I was laughing out loud
when I saw that the prize was some Fortran compiler.

: Ah, fond memories of my college Fortran course... Thank Guido for Python!

Fortran is evil. It is just barely not bad enough to prevent scientist to
use the more modern software tools. In other words, Fortran keeps scientists
in a state of arrested development.

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck   Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology
Aarhus University  Gustav Wieds Vej 10C DK-8000 Aarhus C Denmark
		http://zombie.imsb.au.dk/~tham