Anyone used Python for GPIB instrument control?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat Jul 8 04:41:26 EDT 2000

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000 europax at home.com wrote:

> I am new to this ng and to Python.  I am wondering if anyone has used
> Python to control a National Instruments GPIB card on a Windows NT box?
> I've searched and found a couple of references on my own.

If no other choice offers, it shouldn't be hard to wrap NI's interface
library in a Python extension module (though a C compiler would be
required) especially with the aid of SWIG.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre at aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
        andymac at pcug.org.au           (play2) |        Australia