Borland C++ Builder make files for Python?

Edward K. Ream edream at tds.net
Sun Jul 9 14:08:05 EDT 2000

Hi,

Thanks for all these excellent suggestions.  They are appreciated.

> > I think Borland supplies a tool to convert Visual C++ workspaces to C++
> > Builder projects, at least they mention VCTOBPR.EXE in their help files
> > for the free command line tools.

Excellent idea.  I'll give it a try.

BTW, I've been messing with the config.h file for the PC version, and
the Borland part of that file appears to be lacking a few #defines.
Hopefully these will be easy to find and supply.

> > Unfortunately, this tool is not part of the free tools, so please submit
> > your converted makefiles to the Python team.

I'll do so if/when it works ;-)

> Hinthint. Don't forget to run coff2omf on the VC lib if you just link it
> to your borland project :)

I actually managed to stumble across this by accident.  Thanks for the
hint, though.

> > BTW, I don't think it is really necessary to rebuild Python, just try
> > linking against the import lib created from the python15.dll.

As I wrote to this list in a message called FILE * in C API's ??, I
think that this will not work: you must use the same compiler that
created the .dll (converted to .lib) file.  Otherwise the struct FILE in
the .lib will not match the struct FILE in the rest of the build.  This
appears to be an unfortunate oversight in the "very high level
functions" part of the C API.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edream at tds.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines