Pythonwin: problem with syntax highlighting

Yann Schwartz yartz at imaginet.fr
Sun Jul 16 09:46:08 EDT 2000

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 12:58:54 GMT, "Neil Hodgson" <neilh at scintilla.org>
wrote:

>   Telling us what version number will help. Using PythonWin 132 is best if
>you are running Python 1.5.x.

I'm using pythonwin build 132 and python 1.5.2. All the win32 stuff
works well, I can run scripts and code my own, but no call tips
whatsoever.

>> There's just one irritating thing, not with the language itself, but
>> with the pythonwin editor. I havn't managed to make autocompleting and
>> syntax highlighting to work.
>
>   Autocompletion requires some symbols to be loaded. I don't know all the
>ways this can happen but in the interactive window try
>
>import win32api
>win32api.
>
>   After you press the '.' you should see a list appear.

And no list appears when I try this. I remember seeing such lists two
or three weeks ago, but now nothing shows up (and I've installed
python+pythonwin on 3 different setups : win98, nt4serv and w2k
advanced server. I don't have autocompletion on any of those).

>   Syntax highlighting should just happen - it even looks as though Mark has
>dropped the option to turn off syntax highlighting.

Do you mean coloring ? The source is colored alright.

>   Help is bad too? Your machine is posessed by the anti-Python! Try
>uninstalling and reinstalling. And use Python 1.5.2 and PythonWin 132.

Actually the online help is fine, I was talking about call tips,
autocompletion and all these niceties which make life easier (and yes,
I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice already).

I know it sounds strange....