POOP / Python (Object Oriented Persistence) ?

fermigier fermigier at localhost.localdomain
Fri Jul 7 17:17:28 EDT 2000

In article <8k4t1u$7fk$1 at newshost.accu.uu.nl>,
Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>Right, and since us Zope folks are using the stuff, some of these problems
>seem to be taken care of. Do you still think what the ZODB does is much
>different from what you're describing?

Well, from my point of view, ZODB is a transactional persistent Python
object store, not an object oriented-database since it lacks a query
language (like OQL).

What I'm missing most from ZODB, and is usually easy to do with an
object-relational adapter, are queries and a simple way to do schema
evolutions.

	S.

--
Stéfane Fermigier, <www.fermigier.com>