Again: ODBC / Win98 -> crash

Matthias Huening matthias.huening at univie.ac.at
Mon Jul 3 11:25:55 EDT 2000

Gordon McMillan:
>Since that's the JET driver (ie, the one that translates ODBC to
>JET), you can thank your lucky stars that it works at all <wink>.

:-)

>Access behaves very poorly through ODBC. If you really have to
>use Access, you might find ADO more satisfactory.

Well, it has to be Access for this project, but I certainly would like to
get suggestions for better alternatives on Windows. (But it has to be as
comfortable and simple as Access for my colleagues who only see and work
with the database frontend.)

Now for a really strange thing: I just moved my script to a different
computer (almost identical configuration), and... - everything works
just fine! No crashes, no problems whatsoever. I hate computers.

Matthias