win32pipe question

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Sat Jul 8 23:31:09 EDT 2000

I don't know if this is the way pipes work or not, in which case this might
be a general pipe question, but I'm using the win32pipe module, so.  When I
use popen2 to get input to and output from a process, I find that if I try
to read from the the out pipe before the process has completely finished,
the program hangs, but if I keep writing until I'm done and the process
exits, then read, it's fine.  Is there a way to read and write as the
process runs, instead of doing one, then the other?
I'm on win98, btw.

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler

That happens to me often: I'll find an old coffee on the bookshelf or a
banana on the mantelpeice or myself halfway up the ladder to the attic and
not know how the old coffee, the banana, or I arrived at those places.
 -- Russell Hoban, _The Medusa Frequency_