Perl is worse!

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Fri Jul 28 23:53:19 EDT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:05:24 GMT, Steve Lamb wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:38:32 GMT, William Tanksley
><wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote:
>>That's a really cruel statement for you to make.  I hope you were making
>>it in jest.  I've seen nothing to indicate anything waranting this kind of
>>attack.

>    Neither cruel or jest.  I consider "Automagic" coversion on the same vein
>as "Winblows".  I have hoped that there were people who were above that, there
>are some, but it is here as in everywhere else.

You consider "automagic" an insult?  I've never HEARD of such a thing.
Please at least *inform* us before you take offence.  Note that your
"taking offence" (which included an accusation that the entire Python
community was a disgrace to the language they support) paragraph was not
anywhere NEAR to any use of the word "automagic", so left no possibility
of figuring out why you were offended.

I at least will be careful not to use that word in further disscusion, now
that I know.  I would ask that in the future you state exactly what
offends you, rather than shotgun accusing the *entire community* of being
jerks.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley