Beginning

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Fri Jul 28 11:57:07 EDT 2000

"Alex" <medved55 at my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8lqqmp$jdd$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> Thanks, Fiona!
>
> I find a lot of interesting stuff on that side.
> What OS do you use for programming on Python.
> Is anybody doing this in Windows9x, and does it work.

I currently use Windows NT 4 SP6, and Windows/98,
exclusively (one of these days I'm going to reinstall
Linux somewhere, but it's been a while since I last did).

Python works beautifully -- much better than most other
tools work in those environments.  I'm particularly
addicted to Hammond's PythonWin, win32com, and
all the other win32 extensions (though I don't use them
for GUI's -- those I find easier to hack together by other
means, such as dynamic HTML, VB, etc; if I did have to
do GUI's in Python, I think I'd choose wxPython -- I've had
far too much Tcl/Tk in my Tcl and Perl days to feel any
desire whatsoever to go back to it:-).

Alex