Using proxy

Werner Geuens werner.geuens at skynet.be
Tue Jul 11 21:56:20 EDT 2000

I want to retrieve a measurement logfile from a geological measure site at
regular intervals. The document is available under http form. The function
urllib.urlretrieve works very well, and cron takes care of the periodic
launching.

But after on-site testing with a portable, I came back at the office. I
tested the log file with my browser (all OK), then started the Python
script and ... nothing.

Turns out it's a proxy problem. I have the needed permissions, do web and
ftp trough the companies proxy all the time. But how do I go about that
with python? I'm using Python 1.5.2 on WinNT and OS/2, and will be using
it under Linux (SUSE 6.2 or 6.4) in a near future.

Any simple solutions?

--
werner.geuens at skynet.be (Werner Geuens)
   Wernher von Braun.