mxODBC module

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Thu Jul 6 14:04:21 EDT 2000

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 05:20:33AM +0000, ekw1 at my-deja.com wrote:

> And I can't even import ODBC.MySQL:
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<pyshell#13>", line 1, in ?
>     import ODBC.MySQL
>   File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\ODBC\MySQL\__init__.py", line 7, in
> ?
>     from mxODBC import *
> ImportError: No module named mxODBC
>
> mxODBC is on the same directory level as MySQL, but it can't be found.

I can't help you with the first problem, but I know the second one well.
Usually this happens when you have installed the win32 extensions. There is
an ODBC module that comes with them and you end up with a name conflict. The
solution is to delete the odbc.pyc file that is in one of the python/Win32
directories. (Sorry, I don't have a Windows computer near me at the moment
to check the exact place).

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Chief Technology Officer              www.exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer                      (503) 246-3630
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.               fax (503) 246-3124