2 tkinter questions

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Thu Jul 20 11:11:59 EDT 2000

In article <8l6rmt$h1a$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, John Grayson wrote:
>In article <3976B061.617CACB0 at structurex.net>,
>  walter hanagriff <walter111 at structurex.net> wrote:
>
>One answer:
>
>   You *are* using Tkinter variables, aren't you?

That's a hard thing to get used to.  The Scheme/Tk system I was
used to allowed Scheme variables to be used directly by Tk
widgets.  I presume that allowing Python variables to be used
would involve too much hacking on Tk.  [Same reason Tkinter
actually uses Tcl and Tk rather than just Tk.]

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  ... The waitress's
                                  at               UNIFORM sheds TARTAR SAUCE