In-memory file class?

chris_barker at my-deja.com chris_barker at my-deja.com
Tue Jul 18 15:59:02 EDT 2000

IO'm looking for an in-memory file-like class. What I need is to create
something that I can write to and read firom, with the same methods as a
file, but that stays in memory. I would like to be able to pass one of
these to functions that expect a file object.

At the moment, I need it so that I can create data file that I can put
on an ftp server with ftplib, but ftp lib expects a file object, and I
don't want to have to create a file on disk, just so that I can copy it
to the ftp site and destroy it.

For this purpose, all I need is a readline() method, which I can
impliment pretty easily. I was doing just that, when I realised that
this was a handy enough thing that someone has probably allready done
it.

thanks,

-Chris
cbarker at jps.net