FAQ maintenance with Python ...

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Thu Jul 20 15:18:26 EDT 2000

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Scott Witherell wrote:

> I'm setting up a web FAQ for my research lab and wanted to use Python.  I
> quickly found the FaqWiz and used that (with a couple minor modifcations).
> And it's great - except that it seems quite difficult to reorder the FAQ
> entries after they've been entered.  Everybody in the lab is just gonna
> throw stuff on this FAQ and I'm sure that a month or two down the road
> we'll have a much better idea of how we would like the FAQ organized.  So
> it seems likely that I'll want to do some fairly drastic reordering (both
> within category and across).

I'm sorry to throw my newly found religious beliefs at you, but well, you
asked for it. WikiWikiWeb (http://c2.com/wiki) is the answer to all your
troubles. I mean it. Try it and enjoy. If you have a Zope server anyway,
use Zwiki, otherwise use any of the Python over RCS wikis (there are loads
of links from http://c2.com/wiki?WikiWikiClones)

I'm using a modified version of PikiPiki which, among other things, works
over RCS, so you can do a manual undo. I'm not near it right now, but it
is really clean code, so you should have no troubles changing this.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il>
There is no GOD but Python, and HTTP is its prophet.