How to create COM Servers with IID_IDTExtensibility2 interface

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Wed Jul 26 21:06:25 EDT 2000

> According to a very small demo I have downloaded from Microsofts
website,
> for a COM object to be used by excel as a COM Addin
> it must implement the interface IID_IDTExtensibility2.  I know the GUID
for
> this interface and its "defined methods".

Sorry - you are SOL.

To support arbitary interfaces, you need C++ support, in the form of an
extension module.  There is a new "Univgw" that may help you out, but I
dont know much about this (Bill Tutt has been working on that, but not
much has been done recently - I dont even know its completeness.)

Mark.