Newbie pythoner, with bizzare problem

Russell Wallace rwallace at esatclear.ie
Mon Jul 31 21:48:35 EDT 2000

Donn Cave wrote:

> Quoth claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird):
> | You're also right that
> |   from os import *
> | is, of course, universally deprecated.
>
> So where do so many new programmers learn to do this?
> This is a serious question.  Is there some tutorial
> out there that leads them astray?

On reading the documentation, I was repeatedly told several times not to
do this; I don't see how it could reasonably be missed.

I do it anyway, for convenience; that, for me, is Python's raison
d'etre.  I suspect that's the usual reason for doing it.

--
"To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."
Russell Wallace
mailto:rwallace at esatclear.ie
http://www.esatclear.ie/~rwallace