PythonWin/Scintilla aggressive folding...

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Thu Jul 27 01:06:44 EDT 2000

> You mean to detect the indentation of the commented-out code?

   No, just leaving comments as level neutral but trying to make them belong
to the next block rather than the previous block. So your class heading
comments would not be part of the previous folding section. Or be folded
with the next section either.

> That might be
> hard, given you might have a comment like any of the following:  "sharp",
> "sharp space", "sharp sharp", "sharp sharp space".  I didn't realize this
> would be such an involved feature....

    Some of the complexity is coming from my desire for this to perform
well. This feature is also developing a new view of modularisation that
doesn't quite line up with the Python compiler as the compiler sees code
with the comments already weeded out.

> class ztApp ( wxApp ):
>    def OnInit ( self, etc.. ):
>       print "init..."