RE> wxPython or wxWindows+Python?

Mike Brenner mikeb at mitre.org
Fri Jul 7 07:43:53 EDT 2000

Edward wrote:
> Pros of using wxPython:
   1. > Python code is simpler. ...
  98. > Python is the wave of the future, etc. ...
  99. > ...
> What do you all think of the choices?
> Are any of these points invalid? Anything I've missed?

Edward, I think all of your points are valid. Perhaps one point is
missing: There are not as many examples of Python code available to
learn from.

Events, especially mouse events, seem to be more difficult than other
languages to learn without an example. What I mean is that I am not that
good at it, so I only learned how to do events in other languages by
examples also.

I think your first true mouse graphics program has to be spoon fed to
you, then you use that subset as the de-facto API. After you build on
it, someday it will dawn on you how it is really working . Then you can
start using the whole API instead of the tiny subset in your first
program.

Is there an example of cutting and pasting graphics from the clip board
and the screen?

Is there any example of a Python version of a stripped-down PC-PAINT
program or something like it, that shows how to set up graphical input
and copy/paste?

Mike Brenner