Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!)

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Sun Jul 30 16:10:43 EDT 2000

In article <39846ECC.DF5FE175 at san.rr.com>, Courageous wrote:

>> >This is a conceptualization issue, and I suspect to a degree,
>> >false. If "x" is merely a label, one can imagine x labeling
>> >3 or x labelling red quite easily. Your analogy works because
>> >you carefully framed it, but there's nothing at all to say that
>> >your framing of it was right.
>> >
>> >To the contrary; while I can't prove it, I do believe it's wrong.
>>
>> Nobody expects a proof, but a just-as-carefully-framed
>> counter-analogy would be a good start...
>
>I don't know why I'd need a carefully framed analogy at all.
>The labelling concept speaks for itself, and in fact is the
>way that some people teach python. It seems to be quite
>intuitive.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me.

Are you claiming that in real life the operations you can perform on/with a
physical object are not determined by the type of the object?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  BARRY... That was
                                  at               the most HEART-WARMING